If you have spent enough time in Spain, you have probably eaten Spanish squid stew or, at least, seen it being served. Squid stew is one of my favorite foods, so I eat it often, but it is only recently I have learned how to make it. And let me tell you, it is easy and quick to do.
All you need are a few ingredients, and a few minutes of preparation and cooking time, and you will soon have a delicious lunch (or dinner).
How to make Spanish squid stew
Squid (about 300 grams per person)
Fresh bay leaves
Four cloves of garlic
Fresh clams (about 6-8 clams per person)
How to prepare and cook
1. Chop the onion until it is finely chopped. Then chop the cloves of garlic, and the parsley.
2. Put olive oil in the bottom of saucepan and add the onion. Saute the onions until they are cooked.
3. Add the squid, the bay leaves, some white wine and pepper and salt.
4. Mix everything together well, then cover the pot with a lid and cook for around 30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. After 30 minutes, mix the squid mixture well, then add the clams and the parsley and cook for around 90 seconds.
6. Turn the heat off, but still leave the pot covered for another 3 or 4 minutes, so the clams can continue cooking in the heat. Uncover and serve.
And that is how to make traditional Spanish squid stew. I told you it was easy, and yes it is delicious.